Thomas Dexter Ã¢â‚¬Å“T.D.Ã¢â‚¬Â Jakes Sr. is an American pastor, author and filmmaker. He is currently the Bishop of The PotterÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s House, a non-denominational megachurch with 30,000 members.
In addition to The PotterÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Touch, his church services and evangelical messages are broadcast around the world on other networks such as, the Trinity Broadcasting Network, Black Entertainment Television, the Daystar Television Network, The Word Network and The Miracle Channel in Canada.
Other aspects of his ministry include, MegaFest, Women Thou Art Loosed, and the International PastorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s and Leadership Conference held on an annual basis.
Here are 20 of the Most Profound and Inspiring T.D. Jakes Quotes:
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“If you canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t figure out your purpose, figure out your passion. For your passion will lead you right into your purpose.Ã¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“Each day is GodÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift to Him.Ã¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“No woman wants to be in submission to a man who isnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t in submission to God.Ã¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“It is your passion that empowers you to be able to do the thing you were created to do.Ã¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“Resist your fear; fear will never lead you to a positive end. Go for your faith and what you believe.Ã¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“I think it is important that we rebuild an atmosphere of forgiveness and civility in every aspect of our lives.Ã¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“Forgiveness is about empowering yourself, rather than empowering your past.Ã¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“We cannot embrace GodÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s forgiveness if we are so busy clinging to past wounds and nursing old grudges.Ã¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“But I think my mistakes became the chemistry for my miracles. I think that my tests became my testimonies.Ã¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“Never make a permanent decision about a temporary situation.Ã¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“We are the people that weÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve been waiting for and no one else is coming.Ã¢â‚¬Â -T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“God has invested entirely too much in you for you to be comfortable in anything less than you were created to be.Ã¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“Unforgiveness denies the victim the possibility of parole and leaves them stuck in the prison of what was, incarcerating them in their trauma and relinquishing the chance to escape beyond the pain.Ã¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“There is nothing IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m any more passionate about than empowering the next generation.Ã¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“A whole woman will always attract a whole man. And when they touch, they will fuse to create a whole marriage. Ultimately, when the time is right, they will produce whole children.Ã¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“YouÃ¢â‚¬â„¢d be surprised at the things that look great on the outside, but are dysfunctional on the inside. Be sure to function as good as you look.Ã¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“Sometimes what makes us insecure and vulnerable becomes the fuel we need to be overachievers.Ã¢â‚¬Â T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“When you begin to realize that your past does not necessarily dictate the outcome of your future, then you can release the hurt. It is impossible to inhale new air until you exhale the old.Ã¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ T.D. Jakes
- Ã¢â‚¬Å“When you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t become fixated on winning the prize or appearing successful, and instead pursue your passions, then you will discover the fulfilment that comes from living by instinct.Ã¢â‚¬Â Ã¢â‚¬â€œ T.D. Jakes