Have you noticed that many prayer requests are for failing health in our churches?
God wants his people to be healthy in every way Ã¢â‚¬â€œ spiritually, mentally, and physically.
The Bible is filled with examples and healing scriptures.
Here are seven tips that are essential for restoring and maintaining good health.
- Seek Jesus Out. In most instances of healing in the Bible, the sick person went directly to Jesus for healing or someone else sought him on their behalf if they were unable to go for themselves.
Two blind men even followed Jesus into the house he was staying, crying out for him to heal them! A woman with an issue of blood fought through crowds just to touch the hem of his garment, confident that doing so would heal her.
If you need healing, how often are you seeking Jesus out through prayer?
Are you acknowledging Him as you go about your daily life?
DonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t leave your healing to chance; stick to the one who can heal you like glue.
- Exercise Your Faith. Jesus always healed in response to faith. In the story about the two blind men (Matthew 9:27-30), Jesus asked them, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Do you believe that I am able to do this?Ã¢â‚¬Â
When they responded that they believed, He said: Ã¢â‚¬Å“According to your faith let it be to you.Ã¢â‚¬Â Then he touched their eyes and they were opened.
However, Jesus could not heal most people in His own country.
Because they were offended at Him and were unbelieving. Matthew 13:57-58 records what happened:
But Jesus said to them, Ã¢â‚¬ËœA prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house.Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ Now He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief.Ã¢â‚¬Â
If you are having difficulty believing that Jesus can heal you, then humble yourself and pray Ã¢â‚¬Å“Lord, help my unbelief!Ã¢â‚¬Â Continuing to hold on to unbelief is a form of pride, which God resists.
In addition, read stories of healing in the Bible to strengthen your faith.
- Eat with Wisdom. The Bible warns us that whatever a man sows, that he reaps. The food you eat literally becomes your flesh, blood, and bones. Daniel chapter 1 is a great example of this fact.
In the story, Daniel purposed in his heart not to eat the kingÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s rich food, but instead asked for vegetables and water. His desire was to honor God through obedience. Then, he requested his appearance be examined after 10 days.
When Daniel was re-examined, it was found that he looked better and healthier when compared with those who ate the rich food.
While you donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t need to eat only vegetables and water, a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and modest amounts of whole grains should be your goal to supply your body with the vitamins and minerals it needs to generate energy and support health.
Your body is only as healthy as the building materials you give it to work with. Poor building materials yield poor health.
- Exercise Diligently. Proverbs 21:25 says:
He who is slothful in his work is a brother to him who is a great destroyer.Ã¢â‚¬Â
Consider taking care of your health as just part of your purpose. Aim to be a good steward over the body God has given you by exercising regularly as you are able.
Jesus and the disciples had no choice but to walk everywhere they wanted to go. Our ancestors didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t have a choice either Ã¢â‚¬â€œ if they didnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t hunt or harvest food, they did not eat.
However, we do have a choice Ã¢â‚¬â€œ we can be diligent with exercise or live in idleness. But with each choice you sow, a reaping will come; please choose wisely.
- Consider your Meditation and Words. Are you speaking life or death to yourself? If you are talking about how sick you are consistently, all you do is discourage yourself and encourage Ã¢â‚¬Å“dis-ease.Ã¢â‚¬Â Instead encourage yourself and speak as if you are already healed. Build up your faith with healing scriptures.
Release anger and unforgiveness from your heart. Encourage others and strive to be pleasant in your dealings with them. Proverbs 16:23-24 advises:
The heart of the wise teaches his mouth,
And adds learning to his lips.
Pleasant words are like a honeycomb,
Sweetness to the soul and health to the bones.
- Laugh Often. Wisdom from Proverbs states: Ã¢â‚¬Å“A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones.Ã¢â‚¬Â Do you know what the best thing to laugh at is? Your problems! After all, there is nothing too hard for God.
So when you are faced with a problem, say Ã¢â‚¬Å“God I donÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t know what you are going to do about this, but I canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t wait to see how you are going to get me out of this one!Ã¢â‚¬Â
Buy a clean joke book or watch comedy programs and movies that you enjoy. Cultivate the ability to laugh at yourself and your own mistakes. Strive to fill your heart with laughter every day.
- Walk in obedience. Ensuring that you are always walking in step with GodÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s will for your life is the best health insurance policy! Take the ultimate healing scripture to heart:
Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths.
Do not be wise in your own eyes;
Fear the LORD and depart from evil.
It will be health to your flesh,
And strength to your bones.
May you practice each of these 7 tips and reap an abundant harvest of health and healing!
Source: Take Back Your Temple