Studying is an integral part of a manÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s life. When we read or give ourselves to study, we are daily loaded with information which are capable of transforming our lives positively. What we read matters a lot because they have the possibilities of shaping our perception or orientation about life.
Every other book informs while the Bible empowers. The bible is the spoken word of God that reveals the mind of God to his creations. There are different that can be learnt from the bible. One of those passages I have personally learnt lessons from is Psalm 141:1-3:
- The first lesson to learn is that; It teaches us to always bless the poor.
- It teaches us to know that we are blessed when we consider the poor.
- It teaches us to know that God will deliver us in time of trouble
- It teaches us that the LORD will preserve us.
- It teaches that God will keep us alive to fulfil our destinies
- It teaches us that we shall be blessed upon the earth.
- It teaches us that God himself will deliver us from the will of our enemies
- It teaches us that we shall be strengthened by the LORD. Even on the bed of our sickness.
- It teaches us that God will always be with us.
- It teaches us that God is interested in the matters that concerns the poor and He also want us to always be of help to the poor.
It is the will of God that the poor among His people should not suffer. He has therefore made this known to us in His word, so that we can understand the height and the depth of His love for His dear children. He that giveth unto the poor has lent unto God. We must not neglect the lessons that God himself is teaching us from this portion of the bible.